Monday, May 28, 2007

Sock Yarn. beautiful sock yarn


I promised a photo of the yarn my daughter Angela gave me. So here it is. It's calling out to be knit into socks, but what pattern to use. The very last skein is Finn which she bought from Wee Crofters Cottage at the Michigan Fiber Festival. The front three skeins are spun from Falkland Islands roving, aka Polwarth, which she bought locally and then hand dyed herself and spun into fingering weight yarn. I think, there is enough yarn to make one pair of socks without having to use the Finn in some way.
Now a little bit of whining. I have some Lorna's Lace lace weight yarn that we bought ages ago. Angela knit a shawl with it, but had problems with casting off. My attempt to help her resulted in the whole shawl going to the frog pond. In other word, I messed up and she wasn't too happy with me. I pulled the yarn out again and was going to make Eunny Jang's Print O'The Wave shawl. Well, I started twice and ripped it out each time. I don't seem to be able to count to 16 or at least not consistently. I am starting to wonder if there is a wicked witch that curses yarn? So back to the drawing board . The problem: An unknown no. of yards of Lorna's Lace yarn (2.8 oz. to be exact) and a pattern that wants to be knitted, but the knitter's hands and brains seem to be at odds with each other. What to do? I shall conquer this yarn, if it is the last thing I do.
And there is another thing that has gone wrong today. I bought extra yarn for the baby blanket I am knitting. It's in a blue bag, but where is the bag? Someone send me some good mojo, please?
"Knit on."

No comments:

Post a Comment