Monday, July 30, 2007

And another pair of socks


And another pair of socks hits the dust. They were interesting to knit, but I stopped with the pattern at the heel because of Michigan weather. I might make them again in another cooler yarn. The yarn is Opal, uni-colored which I got on sale. The yarn store where I bought it is getting out of Opal. It just doesn't seem to sell well in this neck of the woods. The pattern is from a German Sock group to which I belong, called Socken-Kreative-Liste (creative sock list). One of the owners appears to design a bi-monthly sock. I still have to do the July sock.

Have you ever signed up for a KAL and then realized you've most likely signed up for too many? Well, I think I've just done that. Signing up for KALs is like having fifty dollars all in one dollar bills. I say to myself "Ah it's just a dollar. Nothing to it." And in the blink of an eye you realize you've spent all your money. Let's see for what I have signed up: (1) 2 monthly dishcloth groups = 3 dish cloth a month), (2) a shawl KAL for an Icelandic Shawl that was in an old PieceWork magazine which has been republished for free by Interweave Press in their on-line letter "Daily Knitting." The link for Daily Knitting is http://www.knittingdaily.com/ and for a pic of the Icelandic Shawl click here http://groups.yahoo.com/group/IcelandicLaceShawl/ . I think it's beautiful. There is still time to sign up for the KAL. We'll start on Labor Day. The Daily Knitting newsletter is worth signing up for. The benefit is some really nice patterns, like this shawl. The magazine is out of print and when Interweave heard how the group was looking high and low for the pattern, they decided to unearth it and reprint it for free. (3) A KAL for a mystery shawl on a German site. The list owner decided that if the US can have a mystery shawl KAL, Germany can too. Many of the members of the German group are members of the Mystery3 Shawl KAL. (4) The German Sock List which has a pattern every 2 months. (5) the EZasPi group will most likely do a PiRSquare shawl (Elizabeth Zimmermann) sometime in August. (5) I have not started the second Dutch Sampler yet, but have downloaded the patterns. And of course, there is something called housework.


Well, I better get out of my chair and do something.

"Knit On!"

No comments:

Post a Comment