Row 1: P2, K3
Row 2: P2, K2, slip 3rd knit stitch with yarn in back
Row 3: P2, slip third knit stitch over two previous stitches, and then knit 2 remaining stitches.
Row 4: P2, k1,YO,k1
Repeat these 4 rows. The gloves used less than 140 yds. which would qualify them for the Bits and Bobs Yahoo Group. I used 2.75mm DPs and the yarn had about 20-24 WPIs. The nice thing is that the pattern is very stretchy and thus fits a variety of hands. I know because I was knitting on them at the local bar while waiting for my food and a mother and her strapping teenage son tried them on.
This is the detail of the stitch.
I've been wasting time (my view of it) transferring my photos from Yahoo to Flickr, but haven't got the faintest idea as yet how to replace the Yahoo photos with Flickr. Drat, I hope they'll explain it soon. Betcha they're going to wait until the very last day. I've also been playing with Ravelry, but haven't decided yet how I will like it. I realize the older I get the less I like monkeying around with new things. Why mess with stuff that works.
The scarf I've been knitting has grown considerably since I showed it first; another foot or so should do it. It's coming up to my chest. It's become an easy lace pattern to knit although I still have to glance at my make-shift chart. I've already got my next lace project percolating in my mind. I think I'll make the Cherry Blossom Shawl from the Interweave Knits Spring 2002 issue. The original shawl was knit with Cascade Kid Seta yarn, but I'd like Angie to spin and dye me some yarn on her new wheel, so it won't have Mohair in it since she is allergic to it. But she can easily spin a 28 WPI yarn. So I'll have to wait and see how busy she is.