Saturday, July 21, 2007

Lace Withdrawal

It's a beautiful Saturday afternoon, just the right weather to be lazy, but I am suffering severe withdrawal symptoms; I don't have a shawl on any needles. And I have no idea what I want to knit next. I have lace weight yarn on hand, but nothing that calls out "knit me, knit me." So, I am knitting a new pair of socks, have finished a couple of dishcloths, have a knitted T that I should finish up, but it's not lace. Oh, I also could be cleaning house, planting the last currant bush, pay bills, or price my wares for the first of the Michigan Fiber festivals at the end of the month, but that's not lace knitting either. I've joined the "laceyshawl" group at Yahoo with the hope that they had found a shawl for a KAL, but the designer of the pattern wants US$26 before the end of August and then US$36 for the pattern. Thus, most of the discussion has been about the high price the designer is charging for the pattern. I really like the pattern, but don't think I can justify it since I already have more patterns than I can knit in my lifetime. So, all in all, I am in a funk. I did finish three dishcloths, one from the "MonthlyDishCloths" group and one from the "dishclothfunknitalong" group. My daughter found the third one on the Internet and wanted me to make a hot pad for the teapot from it. It's not the most even knitting I've ever done it'll do. Now I suppose I'll have to knit a second one, so I can sew them together and have a real hot pad.
The fawns seem to be twins since I only see one mother out with them and we've had an invasion of finches; they are feasting in droves on the yellow blooming weeds outside of the living room windows, the benefits of not having a manicured lawn.

Monthly Dishcloth Group

Dishclothfunknitalong


Teapot Dishcloth
Having the blahs, but knitting on.




No comments:

Post a Comment