Thursday, July 2, 2009

Masked Ball in Venice - Part I


I've finished the first clue of the "Masked Ball in Venice", just in time for clue 2 to be published tomorrow. It's a fun knit. Looks much more difficult than it is. I am always amazed what can be created with "yarn overs and knit two together." The design is from Monika Eckert, a German designer. I love to knit, but have absolutely no talent to design something like this. First you have to be able to draw. My drawing ability is almost zero. No kidding! I once drew a birthday cake and it turned out like a tuna can. The yarn, Cashwool from Baruffa is a delight to work with.

Now I have a whole day to knit on my socks before the new clue comes out.

Knit on merrily.

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful. The KAL is over how long a period of time? I start a KAL on Saturday.

    Some of these people design using software so it's a little easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You knit the most lovely lace! What do you do with it all???

    ReplyDelete