Friday, January 4, 2008

A New Year full of knitting adventures!

The Secret of Chrysopolis is finished, but not blocked as yet so I have no photos to show of things made by moi, but there are a couple of things I have come upon on the Internet that I'd like to share.


I receive a newsletter from Berreco every so often although I have never bought any of their yarn. Until today I was unaware that Norah Gaughan has her own blog at Berreco. If you are not aware of it here is the URL: http://blog.berroco.com/ . She was talking about designing a hexagonal sweater and fulling it. Well, one of the experiments eventually ended up in a chair cover and the pattern is free. You can find it here:



http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/situate/situate.html .



And here is a photo of it. I think if you don't have a chair to recover, it might also make a fine pillow.



I think this is kind of nifty. I may make it into a pad for my rocker.

And with all the ugliness going on in the world, such as Kenya and Pakistan, you may want to feast your eye on this art work. Angie made me aware of it. The link contains photographs of an underground temple that a Northern Italian carved out underneath his house and then decorated. After first condemning it, the Italian Government has now changed it's mind and calls it the Eighth Wonder in the World. Here is the URL. (I haven't figured out yet how to do "just click here.")

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article...

Knitting wise, I have to undo the second sleeve of Angela's sweater once again. That second sleeve after knitting it over again is exactly the same as the first sleeve, but alas it is still about an inch too short. The only thing I can think of is that one of her arms is a little longer than the other. The armholes are the same, the sleeve caps are the same, the length of the sleeves after the cap is the same, so it can only be her arms. At least that is my excuse. I am so glad that I knit my sleeves from the top down. I have never liked knitting sleeves from the bottom up. My mother taught me that it's easier to lengthen kids sleeves if their arms outgrow the rest of their body by starting at the top and knitting down. I've found out it's also a benefit when you mess up more than once.

I promise by Sunday, I'll have pictures of finished items.

May you all have a blessed New Year and lots of fun knitting projects.

"Knit on!"

No comments:

Post a Comment