Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Look what I've been knitting!

I haven't been blogging as often as I used to. If you wonder what has taken up my time, here are some pictures.

First, I have knit another matching set of socks and hat for afghansforAfghans. This set is knit with Knit Picks Lace yarn I used for the Clapotis, colorway is Sweat Pea.


Angie also knit a couple of pairs of socks for the same group. I'll brag for her.

The left pair is made from leftover Cherry Tree Hill yarn while the right pair is knit with Opal yarn.
And then I was gifted 1600+ yds. of hand-dyed Merino Lace yarn. The owner of our LYS has come out with her own yarn label, Arbor Yarns, but has decided to limit herself to sock yarn rather than continuing to offer her own private label lace yarn. Actually, I think, she's decided to dye what she wants to, rather than what she thinks the market wants. Her website is:
But I digress. I've joined another lace knitting group. Can you believe it? This one is an American Designer and he has started a Yahoo group called:
The group mainly exists to test knit his designs so all the bugs can be worked out. But you can also wait until the design has been test knitted and all the bugs have been worked out. So I am using the yarn to knit his Queen Ann's Lace Shawl. It is a circular shawl, a fairly easy knit, but looks oh so good. And the pink yarn Jane gave me was just the ticket for it. So here is a copy of the shawl in progress. I don't have big enough needles to really stretch it as I should and was too lazy to put it on several needles. But, I think you'll get an idea of what it will look like with these two shots:



Isn't it purty? The color chases away the winter blahs quite effectively. We've had our January thaw and now everything looks dirty. And most importantly, I should be able to have it done before the next German Lace Shawl KAL starts.

"Knit on!" my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment