Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Travelling in Knitting Land


Diane asked if I was yet tired of knitting socks. Since I am mostly a process knitter (I like knitting for the sake of knitting), knitting only socks is not a problem. It's still one stitch after another, with some interesting and for me new patterns thrown in. However, about once a year I seem to be aimlessly wandering in Knitting Land, not really being satisfied with much of anything. That's when dishcloths come into play. They satisfy my need for process (knitting) and for result (getting something done quickly). Additionally, they are useful items which can be put to use quickly or stashed away for quick gifts.


This is my third year for belonging to the Yahoo group Holiday Mystery Gifts. A wealth of patterns are offered up for the knitter and crocheter, many more than can be knit between the end of September and Christmas. The group usually gets active in September and fizzles down to almost no traffic after the holidays, with an occasional afghan square thrown in during the year. Some of the patterns are true mysteries while others are not. While the group does not officially start with its Holiday knitting until September 22, a pattern for a big and matching smaller coasters was posted today. I pulled out some needles (not the size that was recommended, of course), a ball of Peaches 'n Cream and a wandering I went, and here is the result.
Knit on merrily!

3 comments:

  1. Nice dishcloths. I never get tired of knitting socks and am always inspired by your socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you write! Wonderful reading......and great pictures!
    Can't wait to see what Saturday brings us at HMG!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. Dishcloths sooth the knitting soul (and they are easy to give away too!)
    See you on the HMG group...Terry

    ReplyDelete