I am watching Ghost Hunters instead of President Obama's speech tonight. Since I am unable to post pictures right now, I decided to post the following. A dear friend sent it to me. Just a wee warning: some language may be offensive to some folks, but the punchline is worth it. I think so at least. Do not read last bulletin point while drinking a beverage.
The AMA weighs in:
Apparently the American Medical Association has weighed in on the new Health Care Initiatives from the Obama Administration.
- The Allergists voted to scratch it, but the Dermatologists advised not to make any rash moves.
- The Gastroenterologists had sort of a gut feeling about it, but the Neurologists thought the Administration had a lot of nerve.
- The Obstetricians felt they were all laboring under a misconception. Ophthalmologists considered the idea shortsighted.
- Pathologists yelled, “Over my dead body!”, while the Pediatricians said, ‘Oh, Grow up!’
- Oncologists fear it’s malignant, while Osteopaths see it as holistic.
- The Psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness, while the Radiologists could see right through it.
- Surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing.
- The Internists thought it was a bitter pill to swallow, and the Plastic Surgeons said, “This puts a whole new face on the matter.”
- The Podiatrists thought it was a step forward, but the Urologists were pissed off at the whole idea.
- The Anesthesiologists thought the whole idea was a gas, and the Cardiologists didn’t have the heart to say no.
- In the end, the Proctologists won out, leaving the entire decision up to the assholes in Washington.
The above should not be construed as my feelings about healthcare. I am on a Government plan called Medicaire and have lived under two nationalized plans, the German and British plans. I thought I was and am well taken care of.