Monday, June 22, 2009

Air Snakes and Confetti (Luftschlangen und Konfetti)




Another pair of socks is started. I am almost to the toe on the first sock. The pattern came from the German Socken-Kreativ-Liste Yahoo Group. It is basically a combination of the brioche and moss stitch.The designer left open the treatment of the pattern on the foot. The yarn is from Schoeller-Stahl (Kolori); the color is actually several shades of green with a silver thread. I bought it at Little Knits, on sale, of course.

Summer has finally set in in Michigan. It's been hot and humid and the air conditioning is running. The turkeys are growing and one of the hens is sitting on a bunch of eggs. She pecks at anyone coming near her. So, we can't even check if the eggs are fertile. Hopefully, last year's fiasco will not be repeated. Then the same hen sat on a bunch of eggs and when we finally could dislodge her, no eggs were left. We still don't have any idea what happened to all the eggs she horded.

For those who have been following the blog, the Finch eggs did not hatch. We had a bad storm and when I checked, the eggs were gone and the nest was empty on the ground. Of course, it could have easily been another critter that decided to eat them. I know for certain it was not our cats since they are not allowed outside.
Hopefully, by tomorrow I should have pics of the Taurus Shawl by Monika Eckert. I attempted to block it today, but did not do as good a job as I would like because of my "aching back."
Knit on!

No comments:

Post a Comment