Thursday, April 5, 2012

Wanted...

...one slender and tall adolescent to model sweaters for the Akkol and Urupinka orphanages in Kazakhstan.  Unfortunately, none to be found in this family.  Therefore, all sweaters are displayed on a hanger or in a chair.

All my knitting for our Spring Drive for the Mittens for Akkol group is completed. I knit for sweaters and several pairs of socks. 

OK, this one needs some steaming.  Knit with Peace Fleece yarn.  This was my first use of Peace Fleece.  I was not too impressed with the yarn.  Way too much vegetable matter in the yarn.  Knitting was slowed down considerable since every foot or so I had to stop and pick out bits of straw. 


Lyon Brand Yarn's Top Down Pullover  knit with Jojoland Baritone 100% wool yarn.  This a nice and easy top down pattern which I may knit again.

 


Knit with 1 strand of worsted weight Knit Picks Wool of the Andes and Knit Picks Suri Dream, a brushed Alpaca (no longer available from Knit Picks) after a pattern from Dawn Leeseman called Merino Stripes Leaf Pullover .  The original was knit with a Crystal Palace Yarn.  I felt a belt would go well with it since the yarn is not striped.



Similar in construction to the first sweater, this one was knit with Berroco Ultra Alpaca.  I liked knitting with this yarn.  It is a soft, easy to knit with 50% Alpaca and 50% wool yarn.

Knit on Merrily!

2 comments:

  1. All very nice knits! I especially like the "leaf sweater" and the blue one pictured below it. >)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some tall, thin people are going to be very lucky! Nice work :-)

    ReplyDelete