Saturday, August 21, 2010

Another pair of socks finished

I am such a sucker for someone drooling over the socks I wear. I immediately offer to make them a pair. And that's how this pair of socks came about. My daughter's sister-in-law saw my 70th birthday socks I had knit for myself and said "I wish someone would knit me a pair of socks." She lamented that her mother had taught her how to darn and mend, but not how to knit. And thus Sandy's socks came about. They were knit with an old hank of hand-dyed yarn (thanks to my daughter) and US 1-1/2 (2.50 mm) needles.


Knit on merrily.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, lots of people are going to say, "Gee, I wish someone would knit me socks."....lol. Today is my birthday and wished I had received handknit something from my daughter...no such luck!..lol.

    Love the socks and want to know what is in the background.....it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete