Monday, December 18, 2006

Amethyst Shawl


I finally finished the shawl I designed myself. The pattern is an amalgamation of various individual lace stitch patterns. The middle includes the candle flame pattern. Instead of making just the triangle, I went ahead and decreased the patterns in the same manner to make a square. I then added an inner border which was adapted from a pattern from http://www.knitting-and.com/, a website which has a wealth of free, no longer copyrighted, patterns. The owner Sarah Bradberry lives in Australia. She's currently in the process of publishing a revision of her hat book. I encourage you to have a look at her site; it's a treasure trove of information. The edging was taken from Traditional Knitted Lace Shawls by Martha Waterman and is called Ocean Wave. The yarn is Brown Sheep Company's fingering weight merino. All in all, I think the shawl turned out fine. Should I knit it again, I may want to make the center portion a little larger.

"Knit On!"

No comments:

Post a Comment