Friday, November 3, 2006

Hats, hats, and more hats


Each year I knit hats for our local elementary school. The school desperately needs them and the knitting of a hat gives me a break between the knitting of complicated lace patterns. For mindless knitting, hats beat everything else. And yet, I get immense pleasure out of knitting them. The hats have been finished since May of this year, but usually I take them to school sometime in the middle or the end of September. This year I've been procrastinating with taking photos and dropping them off. I am not too sure why. My daughter, Angie, finally got fed up with all these hats laying around the house, so she took matters into her hands and took pictures this evening . Alas, she photographed them on my messy bed, so I motivated myself and retook them. It's one thing to have a messy bed and another thing to show actual pictures to the whole wide world. So Monday, the hats shall get dropped off at the school. The weather has gotten cold, the snowflakes are flying although sparsely, and the wind is blowing somewhat fearful; a good time to get rid of them and have the kids wear them.
If you are interested, the rest of the hat pictures (all 30 of them) are in the photo album under "Charity."
Peace, Frieden, pax, paix,
Renate

No comments:

Post a Comment