Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Pairs No. 31 and 32

Only 20 more pairs to go by June. I wonder if I am going to have the fortitude to make the deadline?


I named these "Kissing Cousins." They were knit on 3.25 mm needles in size 7-1/2 to fit moi. Although they are knit from the same hand-spun, hand-dyed yarn, I did not plan ahead and used most of the yarn in a boy's sweater and, thus, was unable to knit "fraternal twins." These will be my antidote to the winter blahs. Besides, I like the poem by Jenny Jones "When I am an old woman, I shall wear purple with a red hat that doesn't go, and doesn't suit me" and socks that do not match.

Pair #32 is also knit from hand-dyed, hand spun yarn on 3.25 mm needles with my favorite "Stino" pattern. The socks are named "Shades of Blue" for obvious reason. The size is a woman's small.
Update on the Snow Queen Shawl: I have started the 96 row section. There was a delay due to deciding that I wanted to add beads after all.
Knit on merrily!

3 comments:

  1. I like those cousins - they look happy like a rainbow, just right for the weather at the moment :-)

    Liebe Grüßlis
    Lilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that poem! Now I'll immediately start wearing purple etc...
    Beautiful socks,especially the kissing cousins, Renate.
    Grüsse,
    Annie

    ReplyDelete