Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Peek....




...at the Secret of Chrysopolis shawl. With clue 2 finished, I am only 3 clues behind. Oh well, as the saying goes: a day late and a dollar short. We've had wonderful weather these past two days, sunny but windy. Both solar and wind energy would have worked beautifully. I feel for the folks out East who use heating oil. The price of a barrel of crude won't go down soon. We've been looking at alternatives to Propane, but haven't found anything. I love corn stoves; they burn clean and permeate the house with a freshly baked corn bread aroma. But corn (maize) has become quite expensive due to the increased production of Ethanol and a wood burning stove is out with Angie's asthma and my breathing problems. It's a pity; we have plenty of wood on the back nine. But that's the price for living in the country. On to more pleasant topics -- like a picture of the shawl. Yarn is Knit Picks Shadow lace yarn; color is grapevine and I think I'm using 3.5 mm Addis.

The shawl is unblocked in the photos. I think it will be stunning when it is finished and properly blocked. One of these days, I'll figure out how to get the colors on the photos come out the same.

Besides this shawl, I have still the second sock, the crazy shawl and the Dale of Norway sweater.

"Knit on!"

1 comment: