Monday, September 3, 2007

Yarn Addicts Anonymous...





…please guide me to the nearest group. Oh, darn it, there isn’t one. Good thing—at least I won’t feel guilty about the yarn I bought. What happens when a yarn addict and her enabler find out that there is a 40% off sale on Cherry Tree Hill yarn? Of course, they jump in the car (well for me it’s a sloooooow climb into the car) and drive to the yarn store. Never mind it’s 35 miles or so away and gasoline is $2.99. After all, I am just going to have a peak at the yarn and, most likely there isn’t anything left that I would like since the sale has been going on all month, and as far as I remember the enabler hadn’t squawked once about it. Well, you all know the end of the tale: There was yarn I liked and the moment I had a skein in my grubby little hands, I couldn’t let loose of it. After all it’s 40% off and it feels so yummy. And like squirrels I have to lay in a winter supply just in case the snow storm of the century hits us. And, thus, I ended up with two 2400 yard skeins of lace yarn and 3 skeins of sock yarn.

Knittingwise, I am in stitches. I am working on a pair of socks, a scarf and the Icelandic Lace Shawl. I'm going to wait with the wash cloths until all the clues are up. So "Knit on.

No comments:

Post a Comment