Sunday, February 11, 2007

Adieu, Auf Wiedersehn, Good Bye...


...to a wonderful yarn, Froehlich Wolle. Froehlich was a Swiss sock yarn company that, alas, no longer exists. For me, it was a toss up between Opal and Froehlich when it came to commercial sock yarn. Supposedly Cascade took over the product line, but I have only seen one striped yarn that appears to be a duplicate of the Froehlich one. This particular jacquard pattern reminds me of Alpine costumes with its reds, Loden greens and grays. I was attempting to get enough of the yarn for a cardigan, but never could get my local LYS to get it across to the wholesaler that I wanted just this particular yarn. Oh well! As a consolation price I have enough left over for a pair of socks for myself. These were for my sock-poor daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment