Saturday, September 16, 2006

Lace Knitting


I am enamored with lace knitting, particularly in shawls. As I knit and the pattern unfolds and becomes visible, I am always amazed that order and beauty comes out of what in the beginning seemed to be utterly chaotic. I am currently working on the Knit-A-Long Shawl from the EZasPi Yahoo Group. The shawl is knitted with handspun lace-weight yarn.

I have also started an Orenburg Shawl. This is going to be a long-term project since the yarn is commercial cobweb I picked up at the Michigan Fiber Festival. The yarn is a challenge, but I have promised myself that I will finish the shawl before I die.
Otherwise, I have a modified Einstein Coat (Sally Melville) on the needles and have started to dabble in Alan Dart's toy patterns. Unfortunately, I have to pay an arm and a leg for the patterns, since they are in demand in the US and mostly listed on e-bay. My first project is the Baa Baa Black Sheep pattern; however, I will have to sing "Baa Baa Brown Sheep" since I am using oddments I have on hand. Peace, Renate

No comments:

Post a Comment