Friday, March 22, 2013

More short-row socks

And another pair has gone into the donation box.  This one was knit on 2.75mm needles with 6 ply ONLine Supersocke Wellness II Color.  I really like this colorway, but the eyes didn't like it all that much.  The leg is knit back and forth sideways and closed with a 3 needle bind-off on the outside of the sock.  Then stitches are picked up for both the heel and the foot and the cuff.  The cuff is different from the pattern shown in the booklet since I needed to make the leg longer.  I added the stockinette and garter stitch sections.  I also made the 2x2 cuff longer.  The pattern is again by Ulrike Brueggemann from "Twist-Socken stricken" or translated "Knitting Short Row Socks."



 Oops, I just noticed the little gap.  Will have to fix that.

 

By the way, that dirty white stuff is snow piled up from plowing.  It's not quite as high now as when I took the photos. 

Knit on, merrily!

No comments:

Post a Comment