Monday, November 21, 2011

Eagles and Turkeys

What do eagles and turkeys have to do with knitting, you ask?  Nothing.  I am in between finished projects, so have nothing in a knitterly way to show.  But... Whenever we start complaining about how far we live from no-where, this shows up in the front yard. 

A pair of American Bald Eagles twittering on top of the highest pine tree on the property.  I was unable to get close enough to get a good photo, but I think you'll get the picture.  The female had already flown away.


This is not a black and white print; it was just one of those dreary Michigan days. 

The turkeys were also strutting through the yard, making an otherwise dreary day one to remember.

On the knitting front, I still have to finish my sideways cardigan knit with 6 ply sock yarn.  Click here for a photo on Ravelry.  I also have to block the From Dawn to Dusk shawlette.  Also on the needles are another shawlette, Water lilies and a cardigan knit with fingering weight Alpaca on 2.5 mm needles.  It'll be a long time before that cardigan is done.  At least I hope to live long enough.

Knit on Merrily!

4 comments:

  1. My previous comment wouldn't post...sigh. Trying again.

    Lucky you! To see eagles and turkeys in your backyard. Could you capture one of those turkeys for Thanksgiving dinner?

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are a very busy lady, all your knitting is so beautiful, and I get so nostalgic when I see it. I have a huge problem with my right hand since the second carpell tunnel surgery, so my knitting is so small now, i have an awful time adjusting.I know I can still do many other things. I baked Lebkuchen for my sister. WE were born in Switzerlad and always want to have Lebkuchen around this time of year. My sister is not a baker ot a knitter, but she likes it when I do either one of these.
    I live 5 miles north of Boston, my sister lives in North Carolina.
    I absolutely adore the sideways cardi with Sock Yarn. I used to knit a lot of socks for Xmas for my family. I had a lot of Opal yarn leftover and made a blanket with it. It's on Flick'r. Congratulations on your nice blog. I will be dropping in again. Rita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you help me with somthing? My mother was born in Germany and moved to the US in 1950's. She knits baby blankets and is looking for baby blanket patterns that are in German. She understands the german knitting patterns versus english. Can any one help me to find patterns in german for baby blankets or hats? Thank you. Please email: abroter@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! There are a bunch of wild turkeys up the hill, but they never find their way onto our property.

    ReplyDelete