Saturday, December 18, 2010

Enough is enough

May some one, even the Christian God, have mercy on the souls of Senators DeMint and Kyl. I was sitting in my chair the other day, minding my own business, being a fairly peaceful Christian, when I heard some one babbling on about it being un-Christian to work during Christmas week. Surely my hearing hadn't deteriorated that much nor was my preoccupation that great that I could have possible misunderstood the speaker? No I hadn't.

The far right has a new twist on "my mother won't let me do this" or in my children's case "you don't understand; your mother isn't German." It blames not wanting to work during Christmas week--and attempting on gumming up the works--on Jesus being offended if they work during Christmas week. And here is the proof that I wasn't going bonkers. Found it on Politico. Manu Raju wrote in the Politco:

"Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) called Democrats' push to force through an arms control treaty and an omnibus spending bill right before Christmas "sacrilegious," and warned he'd draw the process out to wage his objections. “We shouldn’t be jamming a major arms control treaty up against Christmas; it’s sacrilegious and disrespectful," he told POLITICO. "What's going on here is just wrong. This is the most sacred holiday for Christians. They did the same thing last year - they kept everybody here until [Christmas Eve] to force something down everybody's throat. I think Americans are sick of this."

DeMint’s comments echo those of Senate Minority Whip Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.) who said Tuesday that Reid’s voting schedule is impossible to accomplish “without disrespecting one of the two holiest of holidays for Christians.”


Let us pray that neither DeMint nor Kyl need to be hospitalized during the Christmas Holidays for if I follow their argument to its conclusion then their mere usage of hospital services on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day would make them commit a sin by having Hospital staff to tend to their ailments. Oh I forgot, their argument only pertains to senators who want to delay making decisions. That Senators DeMint and Kyl is the ultimate definition of hypocrisy.

Oh and lest I forget, wasn't Christ to bring peace to earth? What better time to sign an arms control treaty than Christmas. Just shaking my head, muttering to myself and going back under my warm blanket.

Is there a sane corner left in the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment