Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Stops #11 and #12 on the Sock Journey




Speaking of "meeces" aka mice, which I mentioned in one of my previous posts, I woke up this morning to a ruckus. The dog and the two cats were competing as to who could catch the mouse that apparently had thought refuge from the cool night. Of course, none of them caught the poor thing. Had I been awake enough, I would have taken a photo, but that only occurred to me later on in the day. Besides I was afraid of getting bowled over by the 3 house critters. As a precaution I did put up my feet on my easy chair since I didn't want my feet to interfere with the goings on.

Now onto knitting business. I have finished socks 11 and 12 in the 52 pair challenge. They are a design from Kristin Benecken. The pattern is available on Ravelry in English. I really like it and may knit it again, even before I get through all of the stored patterns on my computer. The yarn was hand-dyed by my daughter, aka Valley6222 on the Internet. It is a combination of turquoise, teal and natural colors. I thought I'd take the pics on top of the roving she is dyeing. Aren't the colors absolutely riotous? The big socks are for my daughter and the little ones, size 5 children, will be placed in the afghansforAfghanistan box until such time they call for them. Of course, one of the chickens had to sneak into the picture as well. I find it easier to knit ahead and when they are needed all I have to do is put them in a box and send them.

I've also joined the Yahoo Group SockforSoldiers. This is purely for selfish reasons. Those 52 pairs of socks have to go someplace, and I can't think of a more deserving population.

So knit on merrily.

2 comments:

  1. Great job! Love the colorway. Angie is really good at spinning and dyeing. Is she writing a blog these days?

    ReplyDelete