Sunday, May 3, 2009

Start..itis

I've been suffering from start...itis since last Fall which in the past has been somewhat true, but I would also finish the things started. I've been flitting about from socks to Summer Tees to more socks to shawls. Nothing seems to consume my full attention lately, except for Moni Eckert of Klabauter Wolle's new KAL. She has designed a triangular shawl, the patterns of which can also be adopted to a stole. She publishes each day a few rows in her blog www.klabauterwolle.de/blog . This is much more manageable right now and so far is holding my interest. I had a skein of Cherry Tree Hill lace yarn languishing in a corner. The colors are perfect for Spring knitting, and the yarn's multi-colors do not take away from Moni's patterns.

This photo shows the colors fairly well. I think I need to put a white cloth over the foam mat the next time I take a pic.



I still happen to like my handmade stitch markers the best. No fuss, no muss and free and the lace does not get caught on them. What else could one want.

The other shawl is being knit from hand-dyed roving, spun by my in-house spinner, my daughter. The pattern is called "Waves of Leaves Shawl" and the designer is Ijeoma Oluo. The pattern can be found for free on Ravelry.

The pattern is quite easy to knit. I think this shawl would also look stunning in either Kauni or JoJo Land.

And a more detailed shot of the pattern.

Well folks, I have some socks to get back to so I can show them off.
Knit on!

No comments:

Post a Comment