Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Cats






Since they are so darn cute, I thought I'd share a bit of "my life with the critters." The critters come in many shapes and sizes. The chipmunks were very prolific this year, so were the Japanese beetles. This past summer brought Cedar Wax Wings, Baltimore Orioles, Finches, Hummingbirds, and a myriad of other birds. We've had wild turkeys, grouse and a wide assortment of ants. And of course deer. But, the cats are indoor creatures and the mice are getting awfully fresh. In fact, as I am writing this, a mouse just ambled towards the refrigerator while the cats are lolling some place in the house. Sam is a Persian/Siamese mix and Tommy has Main Coon and who knows what else in him. Unfortunately, the two of them think mice are playmates. They are too well fed to think of them as sustenance. Reminder to self: Put "mieces" poisoning on the "to-buy list."
Besides chasing mice (we live in the woods and it's getting cold outside since we live in northern Michigan.), the cats also like to take balls of wool and bat them around. One of them, Sam-I-Am, loves, and I mean looooves, camel roving.
I have started another knit-along. But more of that tomorrow.
Renate,
(Peace, Frieden, Pax)

No comments:

Post a Comment