Monday, September 10, 2012

What to do Part 2


As I said in my previous post of August 29, 2012 beside commercial yarn, we have also accumulated a significant stash of hand spun yarn over the past ten years.  All the hand spun yarn is the creation of my youngest daughter.  Mother does not spin.  The ability to have my hands and feet do different things at the same time eludes me.  Therefore, the use of a spinning wheel is out of the question.  I am also useless at spindle spinning even with my tongue sticking out and, believe me, my daughter can do an entire comic routine around observing my attempts at spindle spinning.  It isn't a pretty picture.

The second result of using up hand spun yarn is a giant, warm and crazy zippered cardigan which will serve me well during Michigan winter months.  I used the basic pattern for a bottom up Raglan sweater from The Sweater Workshop by Jacqueline Fee.  And here are the results.  Remember I did emphasize crazy.





And the spinner in the family is modeling the concoction.

The next project using up hand spun yarn is already finished.  The shawl is awaiting a good soaking and blocking. 

Knit on Merrily!

2 comments:

  1. It looks so cozy! Just what a person will need for the upcoming winter months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warm and wonderful cardigan! If you ever tire of wearing it I would be grateful to wear it for you :)
    I also want to thank you for the latke recipe you gave on a site I was browsing recently. I know I was looking at a pattern yet somehow ended up with your recipe?!

    ReplyDelete