Tuesday, February 24, 2009

And some more socks...

Hurray! I've found another sock knitting group -- Kleine Hexorei. This is another German group and, so far, I am very, very impressed with the patterns. At the present time the group is closed. The owner closed the group after 100 knitters had signed up and will whittle down the group further to around 20 knitters to test her patterns. Whether or not I get included in the final group is immaterial; I've just been glad that I was privileged to knit these two patterns. As I understand it, these two patterns will be free patterns and will be available through Ravelry. If interested search for "Flug zum Nordpol" (flight to the North pole) and "Christine" on Ravelry. "Christine" was not actually designed by Nadja of Kleine Hexorei; the story behind the pattern, however, is heart rending. I have not checked the Ravelry site to see if the story is included.

Flug zum Nordpol (Flight to the North Pole) is knit with a Blue Face Leicester sock yarn which was hand-dyed by my daughter, aka known on the Internet as Valley6222. (I am soooo lucky!) It's a gorgeous bright ice-blue which, in my opinion, fit the theme. The first sock in size 7-1/2 to 8, used 31 grams. So I have plenty left to knit the second sock, plus left-over yarn for toddler or baby socks.


The "Christine" pattern is being knit with a hand-dyed non-brand name sock yarn, from a no longer remembered source. That's what happens when you have too much yarn sitting around the house.


The picture is a wee bit fuzzy. It's been a migraine day. The meds must have given me "the shakes." LOL.

Nevertheless, "Knit On!"

1 comment: