Friday, June 8, 2007

Cherry Tree vs. Knit Picks Yarn


A nearby yarn store had 33% off on Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn. So I bought a skein to support the local economy. The swatch on the right is the Cherry Tree yarn and the left Knit Picks Sweat Pea yarn. For those of you who read my blog regularly, the Knit Picks yarn is the same as I used on the clapotis. Both swatches were knitted on 2.0 mm needles. The swatches are 20 stitches x 26 rows. The Cherry Tree yarn is slightly thicker and has more of a twist than the Knit Picks yarn. If I were to use the Knit Picks yarn, I would use 1.5 mm or 1.25 mm needles rather than 2.0 mm. Since I am not very hard on socks, the Knit Picks yarn would be fine for me, but would not be suitable for my daughter. She murders socks, so a sturdier yarn is more desirable. At the regular price of $22 per skein, the Cherry Tree yarn is somewhat pricey as far as I am concerned; however at 33% off (about $15 per skein) it is an excellent buy. So Angie, here comes a pair of socks for you.
In other knitting news, the multicolor shawl/scarf is done. I still need to wash and block it, but it will have to wait until tomorrow. I have one heck of a Migraine today and so far my Migraine meds only keep it at bay temporarily.
"Knit on!"

No comments:

Post a Comment